Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Financial Accounting Analyst
Financial Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#130-13.14||Closing Date:||February 20, 2014 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$48,242 - $62,717 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-TIme (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
The Financial Accounting Analyst is a member of the Financial Accounting & Reporting unit which reports directly to the Comptroller of the University of New Brunswick. The unit is responsible for financial reporting (both internal and external), development of financial management and accounting policies, monitoring compliance with corporate policy, and maintaining the integrity of the financial information contained in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system used by the University (Datatel Colleague). This is a corporate unit that provides guidelines, advice and recommendations to members of all faculties and departments as well as the President and Vice Presidents of the University on financial accounting and policy matters.
· Financial Reporting
- Assist in preparation of the monthly and year-end financial statements funds format financial statements and reports.
- Work closely with the external auditors to provide specialized reports as requested to assist in the testing components of the audit.
- Prepare the fixed asset continuity schedule quarterly and reconcile to the general ledger.
- Participate and contribute in regular coordination meetings between Financial Services and the Office of Research Services.
- Accountable for managing the month end and year-end processes of the General Ledger.
- Assist with the preparation of external and regulatory financial reports.
· Internal control, policy development and process improvement.
- Develop University wide financial and control policies for all faculties/departments and corporate units.
- Develop and maintain an internal control system for monitoring the University’s restricted accounts.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure consistent use of general ledger accounts.
- Ensure consistent financial policies and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Assist in streamlining financial processes within the University.
- Ensure the on-going maintenance of a logical General Ledger structure and the corresponding chart of accounts.
- Work closely with ITS and Human Resources & Organizational Development in maintaining adequate security of the system.
- Co-ordinate testing of financial system enhancements & alert those potentially affected of any problem areas.
- Participate on implementation teams as required to further integrate the Colleague Financial system.
• Professional Accounting Designation (CPA – CA, CGA, or CMA).
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in a high volume, computerized financial environment.
• Strong knowledge of financial accounting standards (not-for-profit accounting preferred).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience in multi-department financial analysis and fund accounting is required.
• Demonstrated strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated business skills with an emphasis on business analysis, process review and analytical skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to co-ordinate multiple projects.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), and Enterprise Resource Planning systems
• Experience working in an educational institution would be an asset.
• Familiarity with the Colleague Financials ERP System and/or Entrinsik Informer Reporting software would be an asset.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY