Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Student Employment Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#115-13.14||Closing Date:||January 17, 2014 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||S.A.L.A.C.||Salary or Rate:||$16.25 - $19.42 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||1 Year Term||Funding:||University Budget|
This position reports to the Director of the Student Employment Service (SES) and ensures the efficient and effective administration of the Student Employment Service office by providing administrative support and guidance to the employment office in order to support student employment opportunities and hiring programs for current students and recent graduates.
**UNBEA members are eligible to apply in accordance with Article 23.07 of the collective agreement**
• Act as a first point of contact for a high volume of clients of the Student Employment Service, including: external employers, representatives from federal and provincial employment programs, students, faculty and staff of UNB and the general public.
• Provide general administrative and secretarial support to the Director, Coordinator of Employer Services and Employment Advisor in the Student Employment Service office.
• Manage all information sent to the SES website regarding current job opportunities, information sessions, and upcoming events such as Career Fairs, ensuring the information is clear, accurate and meets deadlines.
• Post jobs to the SES Job Bank using the SES online system, monitor job postings to ensure they are appropriate, legitimate and adhere to the UNB and HRDC guidelines, refer any concerns to the Director. Assist with employer recruitment by advising employers of SES services and verifying their authorization to post their positions.
• Assist the Director with the administration of the Work Study, S.E.E.D, Canada Summer Jobs Programs and other student employment programs by coordinating timelines, updating materials, updating website information with changes, sending out notices of deadlines and processes.
• Provide administrative assistance such as typing and photocopying in the preparation of contractual agreements and assist with the administrative aspects of hiring and payroll documentation related to the Work Study Program and provincial and federal government programs.
• Book student appointments and enter student information into the MS Access Database.
• Oversee incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, contracts, courier packages, boxes, and shipments; ensure safe storage of on-site company equipment, materials and confidential testing papers during employer visits.
• Custodian of petty cash fund.
• Perform additional tasks as required by the Director.
• Diploma in Office Administration or equivalent post-secondary education or a combination of education and experience. A University degree considered an asset.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in an office environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite and various other computer software programs such as Adobe, electronic survey programs, Cascade Content Management System, etc. and willing to learn new software programs.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, customer service and administrative skills.
• Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multitask in an environment where there are constant interruptions.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY