Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal Recruitment Officer
Mi UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#116-13.14||Closing Date:||January 31, 2014 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||P.T.S.U.||Salary or Rate:||$39,952 - $51,935 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||1 Year Term||Funding:||External Funding|
An Aboriginal recruitment officer is sought to travel to high schools and First Nations communities in NB and other Maritime Provinces to recruit First Nations students for admission into UNB degree programs. Additionally, this person will research and implement means of retaining First Nations students at UNB.
• Network with high schools and First Nations communities to seek out and talk with prospective UNB applicants.
• Research and implement best practices for First Nations student experiences at UNB.
• Research and implement means of retaining First Nations students at UNB.
• Develop MMI/UNB promotional materials.
• Develop and maintain statistical data for any recruitment and retention initiatives.
• Attend career and recruitment fairs.
• A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Experience with high school and undergraduate First Nations students.
• Willingness and ability to travel.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and experience networking with First Nations communities.
• The candidate must be of Aboriginal ancestry.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY