Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Secretary PL3 (Receptionist/Secretary)
Faculty of Business Administration UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#108-13.14||Closing Date:||December 19, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||S.A.L.A.C.||Salary or Rate:||$16.25 - $19.42 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||3 Year Term||Funding:||University Budget|
This position is responsible for the provision of reception duties in the Faculty’s Administrative Office. This includes but is not limited to responding to and re-directing calls and email, the provision of photocopying services for faculty and administrators, processing courier shipments, booking equipment and facilities, and other duties as required.
• Assist students, faculty, and members of the general public coming into the Faculty’s reception area and announcing visitors arriving for meetings.
• Operate voice mail and switchboard system receiving and redirecting calls as required, transmitting messages via internal and external e-mail systems.
• Provide photocopying/printing/scanning services for faculty and staff.
• Process courier shipments for faculty and administrative offices determining the appropriate carrier based on routing and delivery requirements.
• Manage bookings of Faculty held equipment and facilities using an Outlook calendar system.
• Facilitate a weekly writing for deferreds (i.e. exams, midterms, etc.) in the fall and winter terms.
• Prepare reference documents such as the internal telephone listing and faculty office hours.
• Assist other staff with overflow work including preparation of course materials, correspondence.
• Initiate monthly billing to reallocate photocopying and printing costs, process departmental transfers to allocate charges to the appropriate financial accounts and make required entries in the Faculty’s internal ledger system.
• Maintain directory boards within the Faculty ensuring that the information is current.
• Maintain course files - electronic.
• Liaise with the Registrar’s Office on such matters as room bookings, final examination forms, and course grade reports
• Perform other tasks on a regular or occasional basis, as assigned by the Office Manager.
• High school graduation, supplemented by a one-year program. Two years of relevant experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; service-oriented; ability to interact with a diverse client group; ability to handle multiple tasks, take initiative, and manage time effectively; excellent keyboarding skills.
• Competency in the use of Microsoft Office programs (specifically Word, Excel and Outlook).
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY