Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Muriel McQueen Fergusson Centre UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#069-13.14||Closing Date:||September 16, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||P.T.S.U.||Salary or Rate:||$39,059 - $48,822 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||1 Year Term||Funding:||External Funding|
This position is part of the Canadian observatory on the justice system response to intimate partner violence. It is a network of experts from across Canada and three other countries in the area of intimate partner violence and the justice system responses located at the University of New Brunswick. This position reports directly to the principal investigator of the grant and director of the Muriel McQueen Fergusson Centre.
• Assist the Director of the Canadian observatory to complete activities in preparation of the end of funding.
• Prepare project documents, organize meetings (in-person and tele-conference) including agendas, minutes, and logistics (booking hotels, flights, meeting rooms, catering, etc).
• Act as first point of contact with team members and partnering agencies.
• Manage and update the Canadian observatory website content.
• Collect and prepare documents, newsletters and progress reports.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant social sciences discipline or comparable credentials and a minimum of three years with experience in assisting in projects and interacting with large groups (Master’s degree would be an asset.
• Experience working with government and community partners strongly preferred.
• Understanding of working in partnership and the issues of intimate partner violence.
• Knowledge of research and what professors are doing at the university level is necessary.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Capacity to in both English and French would be an asset.
• Excellent organizational skills, maturity, flexibility and good judgement.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY