Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Research Assistant/Software Developer
Geodesy & Geomatics Engineering UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#053-13.14||Closing Date:||September 23, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$39,645 - $49,554 per annum (salary range to be finalized)|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||3 Year Term||Funding:||External Funding|
This position will support Dr. Zhang’s research group in software system development.
• Support the development of software systems to integrate the software tools and algorithms developed by other individuals in the research team and to ensure that all software packages are complete and meet industry standards.
• Develop supporting software tools and documentation to facilitate the application.
• Develop and understanding of the principles and concepts of individual project tasks so as to better facilitate the integration of the functions into an effective system.
• Collaborate with all the other researchers of the research team.
• A BSc degree in computer engineering, computer science or with equivalent experience in a related field. An MSc would be an asset.
• Knowledge and experience in software system design and development as well as in web application development and/or video image processing are required.
• Previous experience developing software and software documentation to industry standards is an asset.
• Self-motivated and work well with minimal supervision.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY