Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Secretary PL5 (Membership Services & Business Manager)
Faculty of Kinesiology: Recreation Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#047-13.14||Closing Date:||September 13, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||S.A.L.A.C.||Salary or Rate:||$19.42 - $23.14 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||October 21, 2013||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||1 Year Term (Leave Replacement)||Funding:||University Budget|
UNB Recreation Services provides sports, recreation, fitness and wellness programs and services to UNB students, faculty/staff, alumni and community members. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the management of URec Membership Services Office. The incumbent reports to the Director of Recreation Services.
Please note: UNBEA members are eligible to apply in accordance with Article 23.07 of the collective agreement
• Manage URec’s memberships, programs and services financial transactions and registrations.
• Maintain the smooth operation of the Fusion software system and act as the main point of contact with Innosoft Fusion, Information Technology Service, Financial Services, Human Resources, URec, and Facility Operations.
• Manage all business-related functions including, but not limited to, bookkeeping, invoicing, budget monitoring, reporting, daily deposits, financial and administrative files.
• Liaise with program managers and other staff and process payroll submissions and one-time payments for all part-time and student staff.
• Meet with the Director and program managers on a regular basis to communicate activities, provide updates and problem-solve.
• Hire, train, schedule, and evaluate Membership Services staff.
• Respond to member inquiries, comments, suggestions and complaints.
• Maintain effective operation of the Xerox machine and ensure overhead supplies for staff and tenants of the Richard J. Currie Center.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• University degree in business administration, accounting, human resources, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Minimum of 2 years related experience in a supervisory role.
• Competency in basic accounting, payroll and bookkeeping functions.
• Experience with Datatel preferred.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Superb oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimum supervision.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY