Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Public Relations/Outreach Coordinator (Repost)
Faculty of Computer Science UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#064-13.14||Closing Date:||September 25, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$16.98 - $21.23 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Part-Time (Variable Hours)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Term until June 30, 2014||Funding:||University Budget|
The Public Relations/Outreach Coordinator is a part-time position, reporting to the Dean, with responsibilities to work with the Faculty Recruitment Committee and the Dean’s Office to organize and carry out recruitment and public relations activities of the Faculty of Computer Science.
**Note: The position was previously advertised and closed August 23 2013. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
All applications will be re-submitted in the competition.
• Increase and enhance the positive reputation and publicity for UNB’s Faculty of Computer Science through print, broadcast and internet media in local, regional, national and international markets.
• Write and deliver marketing collateral material, news releases, public service announcements, speeches, and articles for communication about events and activities in the Faculty of Computer Science.
• Measure UNB FCS public relations effort outcomes and communicate outcomes to the Dean.
• Conduct interviews, photo and video shoots with students, staff and faculty to use in print, broadcast and internet media and also respond to media requests for interviews and comments on current events.
• Attend FCS events to record photographic images to use in print, broadcast and internet media.
• Communicate regularly about FCS activities and events on the UNB FCS twitter feed.
• Gather background information for proposals, reports, stories and releases.
• Assist UNB public relations officers in covering FCS events.
• Coordinate local, provincial and national recruitment events.
• Make presentations and communicate to prospective students to explain why FCS is the best choice for their undergraduate degree.
• Work with UNB recruitment teams on UNB domestic and international recruitment activities and participate in organizing workshops relating to FCS recruitment.
• Participate in development and improvement of recruitment materials (e.g. advertising, videos, brochures, posters, web pages).
• Provide support to the Assistant Dean Research, Graduate Studies and Outreach.
• Liaise with industry, Government, and other institutions with regard to FCS public relations and recruitment activities.
• Other related duties as assigned by the Dean.
• Undergraduate degree.
• Strong presentation, writing and organizational skills.
• Awareness of the importance of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Society. Successful public relations and marketing experience is an asset.
• Working knowledge of word-processing, spread sheet and presentation office software, as well as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
• Valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel. Familiarity with print, broadcast, and internet media for public relations, and in the use of photos and other imagery for publicity.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY