Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator
Faculty of Kinsiology: Recreation Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#054-13.14||Closing Date:||August 8, 2013 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$37,927 - $47,431 per annum (based on 36.25 HPW, will be prorated for hours worked)|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Part-Time (25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Term until Aptil 30, 2014: with the possibility of extension.||Funding:||University Budget|
Reporting to the Director of Recreation Services, the Marketing and Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for overall coordination of marketing and public relations tasks in relation to the promotion and branding of the UNB Recreation Services (URec).
• Research and develop a feasible and implementable marketing plan.
• Work collaboratively with URec staff and program/service units to identify opportunities to promote URec programs and services on campus as well as in the greater Fredericton community.
• Strategize, manage and maintain URec website and URec digital signage to ensure its consistency with overall branding, membership services and programs.
• Develop a social media strategy and manage its operation.
• Strategize, manage, maintain and update various customer service & programming surveys.
• Prepare press releases, notices for eDaily and eNews, as well as for other media sources.
• Seek potential sponsorship and advertisement opportunities.
• Perform other duties assigned by the Director as needed.
• Post-secondary education in Mass Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, or other related field.
• A minimum of 1 year of related work experience.
• Ability to manage time effectively.
• Superior organizational skills, initiative, and excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Willingness to work on a flexible basis, as programs and events are often in the evenings and on weekends.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Premiere Elements), CMS (Content Management System) and social media.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY