Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Department of Chemical Engineering UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#052-13.14||Closing Date:||July 26, 2013 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$34,125 - $42,658 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Term until September 30, 2015||Funding:||External Funding|
The Richard J. Currie Chair in Nanotechnology in the Department of Chemical Engineering at UNB Fredericton seeks a Research Technician within the Applied Nanotechnology Lab (ANL).The position is accountable for preparation and running of experiments and manipulation and analysis of results. The incumbent will work closely with research students and other research staff under the Applied Nanotechnology Lab. The appointee will report to the Chairholder.
The expertise of the ANL is in the area of materials research of fullerenes and carbon nanomaterials. Accordingly, the laboratory is involved with materials chemistry, physical testing, numerous characterization methods, numerous processing techniques and applications development.
The person appointed will be expected to:
• Assist in setting up analytical instruments.
• Implement testing protocols for characterization.
• Maintain wet-chemistry facilities.
• Participate in experimental research programs.
• Oversee student activities in the laboratory.
• Obtain and analyse experimental results.
• Active learning of new methods.
• Bachelor degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related fields.
• Experience handling equipment in a research laboratory environment.
• Strong computing skills, well organized, multi-tasking are beneficial abilities. A Master degree in a related area would be an asset. Candidates should have good interpersonal and communication skills as well as technical know-how and will be expected to participate in report generation and assist in proposal writing.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY