Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Library Assistant PL4
Harriet Irving Library UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#044-13.14||Closing Date:||August 2, 2013 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||S.A.L.A.C.||Salary or Rate:||$17.97 - $21.02 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
Under the general supervision of the Head of Cataloguing this staff member is responsible for performing complex duties requiring a thorough knowledge of library policies and procedures as they apply to the Cataloguing Department. This person will perform duties concerned with searching for cataloguing records, selected editing of records, inputting, and preparing material for shelving. The incumbent is responsible for the quality and quantity of work performed
· Perform online searching for cataloguing records for all titles and formats in OCLC Connexion.
· Work on current projects with a strong emphasis on items from the SOUL database and uncatalogued material in Special Collections and Government Documents.
· Prepare materials for shelving.
· Input new information and changes to existing records in Connexion following AACR2 and MARC Standards.
· Create items and update holding statements in WMS to display in UNB WorldCat.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· A university degree.
· Working knowledge of a language, other than English, in which the University Library collects material, is highly desirable, ie. French.
· Knowledge of basic cataloguing practices and MARC tags and coding is essential.
· Must have excellent keyboarding and communication skills, a mature attitude, be self-motivated and a team player.
· Experience with bibliographic software.
· Must be able to perform work requiring close attention to detail and accuracy.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY