Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Clerk PL3 (Receptionist)
Financial Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#048-13.14||Closing Date:||July 18th, 2013 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||S.A.L.A.C.||Salary or Rate:||$16.25 - $19.42 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all faculty, staff and students who visit, call or email the Financial Services office by greeting and assisting our clients/customers.
• Greet customers in person at the Student Accounts reception station in a friendly, courteous, and helpful manner.
• Receive, stamp and distribute incoming mail. Check and sort outgoing mail.
• Prepare letters, statements, receipts and other correspondence upon request.
• Assist Receivable Clerks with mailing invoices and statements to clients and students.
• Maintain a spreadsheet containing the particulars for those students who have had collection activity
• Import print charges in Datatel for both campuses on a daily basis.
• Share responsibility for answering student e-mail inquiries.
• Receipt cheque and money order payments received in the mail.
• Prepare Emergency Loan documents on a weekly basis.
• Accurately enter and process adjustments on receivable accounts.
• Process journal entries to distribute funds to various general ledger accounts.
• Order office supplies, paper and forms for Student Accounts and be responsible for the organization of supply room.
• Submit Work Order requests to Facilities Management.
• Maintain office bulletin boards ensuring that the information is complete and current.
• Provide back up to other Administrative positions when needed.
• Record, program and maintain the automated telephone system for all of Financial Services.
• Maintain an accurate filing system.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Student Accounts and Receivables.
• High School Graduation supplemented by an Office Administration, Financial or relevant diploma. Three years of relevant customer service experience working within a computerized office environment.
• Must be able to multi-task, organize and prioritize own work. Experience working in an academic environment is considered a definite asset. Accuracy is a must to ensure correct information is provided to clients.
• Above average keyboarding skills along with a minimum of an Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Familiarity with web application software for website maintenance under Content Management System would be an asset. Datatel experience would be an asset.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY