Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Manager of Procurement Services
Financial Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#094-13.14||Closing Date:||November 12, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T||Salary or Rate:||$50,809 - $66,050 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||January 6, 2014||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
The Procurement Services unit’s mission is to promote the University of New Brunswick’s accountability for its use of public funds in the acquisition of goods and services, including:
• Compliance with applicable public purchasing legislation.
• Establish communication, promote and enforce appropriate policies, procedures, guidelines and controls relating to the acquisition of good and services.
• Assist University faculties and departments in making procurement decisions leading to the acquisition of appropriate, institutional quality goods and services that meet the immediate and long-term needs to the units, at optimal terms and conditions including price, quality, service availability and operational performance.
• Provide an efficient and streamlined procurement process that meets the needs of the University’s various faculties and departments while promoting open competition for all qualified and interested vendors.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Services & Assistant Comptroller, the Manager of Procurement Services is responsible for managing the operational, financial, and human resources management functions of the Procurement Services unit to achieve the mission and objectives of the unit.
• Provide strategic leadership for the University procurement function.
• Responsible for pro-actively developing comprehensive procurement policies and procedures for appropriate approval within the University governance structure.
• Problem solving and analysis and interpretation of data, often on matters affecting highly visible and high-risk resource commitments.
• Build strong positive relationships with internal and external customers by anticipating needs and developing a reputation of responsiveness.
• Focus on customer service with the highest quality service moving towards more electronic media.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Commerce with strong technical and problem solving skills OR several years of experience in a mid to large diversified financial environment in a procurement management position. Completion of Purchasing Management Association program or an equivalent program preferred.
• Minimum 6 – 8 years of relevant experience with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Datatel Colleague software knowledge or experience working in an educational institution would be an asset.
• Must have the ability to work both independently, as well as part of a team.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate multiple priorities.
• Knowledge of latest versions of Microsoft Office, E-mail and large computerized financial environment; knowledge of fundamental accounting principles.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY