Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Department of Biology UNB Saint John
|Competition #:||#092-13.14||Closing Date:||November 15, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||No Group||Salary or Rate:||$19.51 - $25.34 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (32.5 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||1 Year Term, with the possibility of extension||Funding:||External Funding|
This position is accountable for the preparation and performance of molecular biology, tissue culture experiments in the Cancer Research Lab. The incumbent will render technical support and report to the Canadian Cancer Society Research Chair.
• Order and prepare laboratory materials, media and reagents.
• Assist students and fellows in conducting molecular and protein biology experiments, maintenance of human cancer cell lines.
• Maintain inventory of lab supplies including chemicals and other materials in accordance to the University policies and perform routine cleaning and autoclaving tasks.
• Provide general technical support and maintenance of lab equipment.
• Ensure safe storage and removal of biomedical waste materials.
• Diploma in Laboratory Technology and/or Bachelor Degree in Biology or related fields.
• 3 years of experience in handling research lab equipment, performing molecular biology and tissue culture work, lab inventory, ordering and preparation of laboratory materials, media and reagents. Combination of education and experience.
• Strong computing skills, well organized, and multi-tasking are beneficial.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY