Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Department of Mathematics & Statistics UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#089-13.14||Closing Date:||November 15, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||S.A.L.A.C.||Salary or Rate:||$16.25 - $19.42 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||January 2, 2014||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
Reporting to the Administrative Assistant of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics, this position will support the needs of the Department, assist with the service delivery of the Math Learning Centre for UNBF students, liaise directly with academic and service units on campus, and be the primary reception/contact for all students, faculty and visitors.
· Frontline office reception to greet and assist students, faculty and visitors.
• Frontline support for Math Learning Centre (MLC) for appointment booking, circulating information, tracking data.
• Assistance with MLC workshops and outreach activities.
• Assistance with administration of the Math Placement Test.
• Maintain department databases of exams, midterms, course outlines, faculty CVs.
• Typesetting mathematical documents using LaTeX software.
• Organizing copying and delivery of large course exam papers; scheduling deferred exams; coordinating with Student Accessibility Centre.
• Booking rooms and equipment.
• Liaise with School of Graduate Studies on a regular basis.
• Textbook orders, bookstore supply tracking and inventory.
• General office duties.
• High school graduation supplemented by relevant post-secondary diploma/certificate in a related field and 1-3 years of administrative and/or customer service experience OR High School graduation and 4-7 years administrative and/or customer service experience.
• Candidates with proven computer application skills and experience including Microsoft Office, Adobe, and LaTeX software will be given first consideration.
• Ability to multitask, work independently at a rapid pace with accuracy, analyze and solve problems, make decisions and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as with direction; ability to work within a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills. Ability to interact effectively, pleasantly, tactfully, and confidentially.
• Knowledge of the Datatel systems, UNB e-Services, and familiarity with University Policies and Procedures would be an asset.
• Knowledge of the educational community would be an asset.
• Willingness to assume new tasks in an active academic unit.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY