Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Data Centre Analyst/Technologist
Information Technology Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#083-13.14||Closing Date:||October 23, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||P.T.S.U.||Salary or Rate:||$39,059 - $48,822 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||November 12, 2013||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Contining||Funding:||University Budget|
The Data Center Analyst/Technologist operates UNB data services, data centers and communications rooms within UNB Fredericton, Moncton, and Bathurst locations and at other sites within New Brunswick by consulting on, designing, installing, maintaining, supporting, and monitoring supporting technical infrastructure.
· Meet researcher, departmental and enterprise needs for data and data centre services by identifying needs, applying standards, researching options, analysing results, and then presenting recommendations for approval.
· Design low to medium complexity supporting infrastructure installations and layouts that meet the needs of the UNB Fredericton campus by helping develop and interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents and applying standards, laws and regulations.
· Install and connect network, SAN, backup and other data center hardware by developing or applying established procedures for installation; configuring hardware; testing installed equipment; and applying change management procedures to address any customizations.
· Maintain service availability, security, stability, usability and functionality by performing preventative maintenance, installing system and firmware upgrades, documenting maintenance activities and being available after hours to respond to emergency outages.
· Provide daily operational support to UNB maintained data centers and communication rooms within ITS’s mandate by identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving operational issues; developing and maintaining accurate system documentation; and coordinating the resolution of low to medium complexity problems.
· Monitoring – Monitor stored data integrity and usability; and data center, communication rooms and network equipment by performing data integrity and usability checks according to established procedures, checking logs, receiving automated system alerts, and monitoring security lists to proactively identify issues and to address unexpected failures as soon as possible.
· Contribute to successful personal and team performance by being helpful and courteous; displaying a positive attitude and taking initiative; providing and seeking ideas; participating in departmental and university activities and positively representing ITS.
· Participate in project teams as an effective team member and complete independent projects successfully and on time.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with a Data Communications focus or Computer Engineering and a minimum two years related work experience with TCP/IP, switch, wireless, router and VOIP technologies.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Experience using various operating systems.
· Flexibility in working hours including participation in occasional scheduled on-call after hours support and time shifting.
· Able to travel to locations within the province.
· Participation in after-hours emergency response.
· Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY