Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Business Development Officer
Information Technology Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#082-13.14||Closing Date:||October 23, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||P.T.S.U.||Salary or Rate:||$43,304 - $56,286 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||November 25, 2013||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||1 Year Term, Leave Replacement||Funding:||University Budget|
The Business Development Officer manages UNB’s UCard Office, and improves the net profits of the UCard Office and Imaging & Print Services through marketing and sales activities.
· Manages the UCard Office efficiently and effectively by defining and documenting operational standards, procedures and best practices, managing service requests, managing incidents, monitoring and iteratively improving service delivery, managing operational staff and staffing the UCard office when required.
· Markets UCard Office and Imaging Services products and services by researching opportunities and consumer demand; developing supporting business cases for product additions or removals; developing pricing models based on cost to deliver and competitive options, developing and managing launch campaigns for awareness and new products; and by analysing the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
· Sells UCard Office and Imaging Services products and services by setting sales targets; servicing existing accounts and establishing new accounts; focusing sales efforts by studying potential sales results; adjust the content of sales presentations according to customer type; maintaining sales activity records and reporting sales results.
· Contribute to successful personal and team performance by being helpful and courteous; displaying a positive attitude and taking initiative; providing and seeking ideas; participating in departmental and university activities and positively representing ITS.
· Participate in project teams as an effective team member and complete individual projects successfully and on time.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a Marketing focus.
· 5 years progressive experience in business activities such as business analysis, financial forecasting, budget development, marketing, sales, negotiation, network building, and entrepreneurial activities.
· An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
· Excellent time management.
· Must be willing to work occasional overtime, after-hours on-call, or have hours adjusted.
· Participation in after-hours emergency response if available.
· Occasional travel between campuses.
· Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY