Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Faculty of Business Administration: International Business & Entrepreneurship Centre UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#079-13.14||Closing Date:||October 18, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||P.T.S.U.||Salary or Rate:||$30,403 - $38,007 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||4 Year Term||Funding:||External Funding|
Provide support services to the International Business and Entrepreneurship Centre within the Faculty of Business Administration.
• Initiate and coordinate functions required in effective implementation of administrative policies of a major academic or administrative unit.Act as office manager and coordinator of programs with the Centre.
• Manage day to day operations. Interpret policies and procedures as established by the Director of the Centre. Arrange, participate in, and implement conferences and committee meetings. Sign on behalf of the Director, as delegated, correspondence, requisitions, vouchers, etc.
• Prepare reports and presentations on Word and PowerPoint. Assist in preparation of complex annual reports. Draft financial, statistical, narrative, and/or other reports as requested.
• Compile data based on research techniques and statistical compilations involving an understanding of operating unit programs, policies and procedures.
• Perform receptionist duties.
• Maintain budgets, process invoices, and petty cash. Assist in organization and planning of applications for grants. Verify and maintain grant records and process travel claims.
• Facilitate interview process for students in the various programs offered (Exporter-U, Activator, Student Venture Fund, Work Study, etc).
• Responsible for Centre operations in the absence of the Director.
• Independently compose reports and correspondence.
• Liaise daily with the Faculty of Business Administration and units on campus that deliver similar programs.
• High school graduation (university degree preferred) supplemented by a one-year related diploma and four to five years’ experience as an administrative assistant at a significant level of responsibility including supervision, organization and coordination or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills for interaction with faculty, staff, students and public.
• A self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills including the Microsoft office suite of products including: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Comfortable working with Mac computers.
• Bookkeeping and a high level of organizational skills.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY