Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Coordinator Student Support Services
Department of Nursing & Health Sciences UNB Saint John
|Competition #:||#097-13.14||Closing Date:||November 15, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||No Group||Salary or Rate:||$16.46 - $20.53 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Term until October 31, 2015||Funding:||External Funding|
The Coordinator Student Support Services provides administrative support to faculty and nursing students within the Department of Nursing & Health Sciences with a focus on the nursing program and particular emphasis in coordination of all activities relevant to nursing students and information management of student data systems. This position will report to the Nursing & Health Sciences Coordinator.
• Prepare student confirmation letters of enrolment on demand.
• Maintain student data base and student files to ensure that health assessment, immunization forms, CPR, clinical evaluations and correspondence are in order and that regulations are followed through with medial immunizations.
• Update the student data base accordingly and enter clinical hours at the end of each term.
• Collate large amounts of data from student feedback such as student surveys, clinical course evaluations and other evaluation forms.
• Coordinate CPR courses for annual recertification in fall and winter terms with outside instructor.
• Create various reports with specific functions in Excel.
• Create form and report templates in Word.
• Create data banks of questions on the Learning Management Systems (LMSs).
• Restructure exam formats.
• Responsible to update the Nursing student handbook.
• Develop standard student checklist for each year of nursing program.
• Gather electronic and hard copies of course outlines for each term.
• Assist with the organization and coordination of the 4th year Pin Dinner.
• Other duties as assigned.
· High school graduation supplemented by relevant post-secondary diploma/certificate in Business.
· Minimum of three years of related administrative experience in academic environment preferred.
· Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills are required.
· Must have the abilities to deal with confidential and sensitive information, exercise initiative and work independently.
· Must be able to demonstrate maturity, sound judgement, tact and have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Must be able to work closely with people at all levels both within and external to the University.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY