Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Sales Manager, Conference Services
Residential Life, Campus & Conference Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#033-13.14||Closing Date:||July 8, 2013 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||P.T.S.U.||Salary or Rate:||$41,053 - $53,360 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Up to a 1 Year Term||Funding:||University Budget|
The Sales Manager, Conference Services is an integral member of the Conference Services team and is accountable for steadily increasing revenue from meetings, accommodation, and events on the UNB Fredericton campus. The incumbent is responsible for selling a wide range of products and services to clients from multiple sectors and regions, thus, is skilled in targeted sales and marketing, cultivating positive relationships, and the highest level of professional client service.
· Engage in sales and marketing activities including trade shows; sales initiatives in key markets; attendance at industry events; hosting familiarization tours and site visits; and ongoing recruitment of new clients and retention of current clients.
· Research, qualify and maintain list of potential clients, new contracts, and revenue-generating opportunities.
· Actively engage in direct sales activities through cold calls, sales appointments, planning promotional events, distribution of promotional material, and attending industry events.
· Participate in the production of sales collateral and materials as well as marketing materials such as print and web ads and actively contribute to web marketing presence including website and any relevant social media platforms.
· An integral member of Central Booking Office team, taking overall responsibility for Special Events (such as banquets, weddings, ceremonies, receptions, etc.).
· Act as primary contact for Conference Management services including, but not limited to: bid proposals; promotions; registration; social event planning; web site development; venue logistics; financial management; delegate kits; entertainment; companion programs and pre- and post-tours; transportation; host committee support; and post-conference wrap-up and reporting.
· Research and implement industry best-practices and innovative trends to establish and maintain UNB Conference Services as a leader in collegiate conferencing.
· Take the lead on projects and services aimed at improving client relations and satisfaction.
· Undergraduate degree in business administration with a focus on marketing.
· Five to eight years’ experience in client service, preferably in hospitality & tourism or meeting & event planning.
· One to three years’ experience in direct sales with a proven track record of success.
· Understanding of sales management principles and techniques.
· Knowledge of meetings & conventions industry and the University work environment.
· Client service orientation, including the ability to consistently meet clients in a friendly, professional manner; commitment to excellence in client service.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a high comfort level presenting to groups.
· Ability to cultivate positive business relationships with colleagues, clients, and key industry contacts.
· Flexibility, including the ability to assess and adapt quickly within a variety of situations and with various individuals.
· Time and stress management skills, including the ability to prioritize work, manage multiple demands, and meet tight deadlines,
· Highly organized with an attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
· Proficient in software programs including Microsoft Office, contact management systems, event booking software, desktop publishing, and social media.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY