Support Staff Employment Opportunity
HVAC Technician I (Reposted)
Facilities Management UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#030-13.14||Closing Date:||October 11, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||G.L.T.A.||Salary or Rate:||$24.27 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (40 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
This position receives general direction and supervision from the HVAC/Refrigeration/Mechanical Shop Supervisor. This is work performing preventative and corrective maintenance on heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and control systems throughout NRC, UNB Fredericton and St. Thomas University buildings.
**Note: The position was previously advertised and closed July 5, 2013. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
All applications will be re-submitted in the competition.
• Perform heating, ventilation and air conditioning studies on existing equipment including valve sizing, system capacities, air distribution calculations, etc.
• Study control strategies in existing buildings and adjust sequences for optimal performance.
• Check/calibrate pneumatic, electric and computer/DDC control systems at scheduled intervals.
• Install electronic and computer/DDC control systems.
• Repair and test control valves, dampers, and other mechanical equipment pertaining to HVAC Equipment.
• Investigate and repair heating, ventilation and air conditioning problems in building offices, auditoriums, and classrooms.
• Maintain databases and graphics on DDC control systems.
• Participate in various assigned projects and surveys.
• Prepare job estimates for labour, equipment, and materials.
• May be expected to perform elementary duties of another trade in order to expedite completion of the assigned task.
• Responsible for the application of safety precautions as may be required to ensure minimum hazard to self and others.
• Responsible for the care and preservation of assigned tools and equipment.
• Carry out minor repairs and alterations to the ventilation ductwork.
• May be required to perform additional duties such as chemical water treatment and/or fire extinguishers maintenance.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Diploma of Mechanical Engineering Technology (HVAC Option) or a valid journeyman license in an acceptable trade such as Industrial Instrumentation or Diploma in Electronics Technology.
• A minimum of one year diversified experience in the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning field including substantial knowledge of DDC controls.
• The ability to read and interpret blueprints and control schematics.
• Must have the physical capacity to carry out related job duties, including ability to lift heavy objects, and work from ladders or in cramped quarters.
• Knowledge of electrical, electronic and electro-mechanical control systems.
• Working knowledge of steam, hot water, and electric heating systems.
• Must possess working knowledge of computer systems and be familiar with HVAC software.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY