Support Staff Employment Opportunity
College of Extended Learning UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#024-13.14||Closing Date:||July 5, 2013 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||P.T.S.U.||Salary or Rate:||$35,501 - $44,377 Per Annum (based on 36.25 HPW)|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||August 6, 2013||Hours per Week:||Part-Time (21.75 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||1 Year Term, with the possibility of extension||Funding:||University Budget|
The focus of this position, situated within the UNB Art Centre of the College of the Extended Learning, is to grow and develop programs within the Personal and Cultural Enrichment Unit. The Primary focus will be on offering courses in Saint John as well as continuing, the Maritimes Writers’ Workshops, No Limits, and other opportunities as they arise. Incumbent will be reporting to the Director of the UNB Art Centre.
• Seek out individuals with the necessary skills and experience to act as instructors/facilitators.
• Research the potential of new areas of interest and find potential locations to hold courses and workshops.
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure partnerships and stabilizations.
• Seek opportunities where ideas can be presented and discussions held.
• Stay current in the field of continuing education for adults including older adults, by, for example, attending relevant workshops, participating in online discussion groups and communicating with other institutions with similar programs.
• Determine lifelong learning needs and interests of the specified demographics and make public presentations regarding these programs and services.
• Maintain effective administrative policies and procedures and become familiar with the administrative aspects of operating a program within the university, while ensuring the financial viability of these programs and services.
• Act as a liaison between the CEL and the staff of this program (instructors, etc.).
• Understand issues surrounding fee structures and solving them in a creative and fiscally sound ways.
• Conduct qualitative research through on-going discussions with stakeholders within the university and larger communities.
• Graduate degree preferred, particularly in a Liberal Arts or Education field.
• Experience in the field of lifelong learning, especially in program development and delivery.
• Experience in working in a university environment
• Experience in policy and curriculum development and working with volunteers.
• Experience in marketing and promotion and an entrepreneurial approach and outlook.
• Very strong interpersonal and research skills coupled with a high level of comfort in public speaking.
• Strong ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
• Highly motivated with the ability to relate well with mature individuals.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY