Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Facilities Management UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#145-12.13||Closing Date:||May 9, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$22.65 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (40 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||6 Month Term||Funding:||University Budget|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
This is skilled maintenance and repair work in the Vehicle Mechanic Trade at the Journeyman level. Takes direction from and reports to the Supervisor Building and Grounds/Operations Group.
• Work as a mechanic on vehicle and small engine mechanical equipment including gasoline and diesel engines, automotive hydraulic systems, transmissions, power trains, and related mechanical equipment. The nature of the work will vary depending on the task and may be in or out of doors under varying conditions. The work may often be done in association with other trades and may involve work on buildings.
• May work on other Facilities Management mechanical equipment such as compressors or generators as work load demands.
• Prepare job estimate as to the nature and quantity of materials and labour required.
• May be required to supervise the work of Trades Helpers and/or Labourers.
• May be expected to perform elementary duties of another trade in order to expedite completion of the assigned task.
• Responsible for the application of safety precautions to ensure minimum hazard to self and other.
• Responsible for the care and preservation of assigned tools and equipment.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Formal basic education as required by the NB Department of Labour to meet Journeyman standards for the Vehicle Mechanic Trade.
• Must possess a valid current license to practice the Vehicle Mechanic Trade.
• A current Class B Welding License would be an asset.
• At least three years or more diversified experience at the Journeyman level in the Vehicle Mechanic Trade with concentration on heavy equipment.
• The ability to read and interpret drawings and to work from sketches and diagrams.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with the New Brunswick Health and Safety Act as it applies to the Vehicle Mechanic Trade.
• The facility to work with other tradespeople, and versatility in handling and use of tools of the trade.
• Must have the physical capacity to carry out the functions of the trade including the ability, on occasion to life heavy object, and work from ladders or in cramped and often dirty quarters.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY