Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Director of Financial Operations
Information Technology Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#144-12.13||Closing Date:||May 9, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$51,528 - $66,985 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, ITS The Director of Financial Operations provides financial leadership to the department and financial operational management. The position is accountable for the delivery of ITS procurement, telecom and office administration services through the leadership and development of a high performing team.
· Provide financial leadership within ITS by managing financial risk; leading development of budget submissions; providing financial consulting; financial reporting; leading iterative improvement of financial processes; and by assisting the AVP in the financial component of strategic planning.
· Effectively manage financial operation by providing day to day management of accounts; acting as the first point of contact for UNB units and external partners; regularly on financial matters; and acting as a primary or secondary signing authority on all accounts.
· Provide strategic, planning and operational oversight of procurement, telecom and ITS administrative services by determining services strategy, long-term objectives, institutional alignment and risk considerations, implementing strategy through planning, setting performance objectives and controls and ensuring efficient and effective day to day operations.
· Lead a high performing operational team by managing human resources; planning and managing work; implementing technical, organizational and service standards; and by developing the characteristics of effective teams.
· Contribute to successful personal and team performance by being helpful and courteous; displaying a positive attitude and taking initiative; providing and seeking ideas; participating in departmental and university activities and positively representing ITS.
Participate in project teams as an effective team member and complete individual projects successfully and on time.
· MBA degree or CPA certification with a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in finance/budget administration and a minimum of 2 years experience with staff supervision or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Good knowledge of and the ability to apply of current management and financial principles and industry fundamentals.
· Expertise in budgeting and financial forecasting model development, a working knowledge of Datatel financial system
· Strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills.
· Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
· Flexibility in working hours such as occasional overtime and time shifting.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY