Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Communications & Marketing UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#142-12.13||Closing Date:||May 6, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$41,464 - $53,900 per annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||1 Year Term: Maternity Replacement||Funding:||University Budget|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
The Communications Officer is a public relations generalist reporting to UNB’s Senior Manager, Communications, and is responsible for contributing to UNB’s positive reputation through; developing and implementing communications plans; playing a lead role in media relations and issues and crisis communications management; and providing tactical communication support as needed. Although university-wide in scope, this position is located on the UNB Fredericton campus.
• Develop and deliver communications plans that achieve measurable objectives and position UNB positively among its internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage day-to-day media relations, both proactively and reactively.
• Play a key role in issues and crisis communications management and incident response.
• Tell compelling stories about UNB through the effective use of writing and visuals.
• Provide communications counsel to UNB leaders and colleagues, based on experience and knowledge of the internal and external environment.
• Contribute to content creation for UNB’s website and social media outlets.
• Edit and proof the work of others on the team and generally contribute to quality.
• University degree, preferably with a major in journalism or communications.
• Minimum five years of intermediate-level experience developing and implementing communications programs in a corporate or non-profit organization.
• Experience working with various news media in New Brunswick and beyond.
• Experience developing and implementing issues and crisis communications plans and incident response.
• Experience using the web and new media to communicate.
• Excellent skills in storytelling, writing, editing and presenting.
• Excellent project and time management skills.
• Demonstrated creativity and drive.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage internal and external relationships and contribute to a team-working environment.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY