Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Student Affairs& Services: Student Health Centre UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#139-12.13||Closing Date:||April 25, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T||Salary or Rate:||$25.17 - $32.19 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Part-Time (Variable hours)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||1 Year Term||Funding:||University Budget|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
Provide patient care and nurse counselling to the full time students of UNB and STU in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the Student Health Centre. The Staff Nurse position falls clinically under the guidance of the Clinic Director.
• Follow nursing standards as set out by NANB and Student Health policies when assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting patient care delivered by the nurse.
• Co-operation with the nurse practitioner and physician(s) in providing care: nursing assessment in preparation for the appointment, providing follow-up care as directed.
• Seek consultation from colleagues and other members of the health team as required (on & off site).
• Responsible to identify: equipment requiring preventative maintenance or replacement; adequate supply inventories; and ensure a safe working environment inclusive of meeting infection control standards at the Health Centre.
• Scope of care includes nursing assessment, specimen collection & testing (blood collection, UTI, etc.), education, immunizations, smoking cessation, wound care, ear syringe, etc.
• Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to patient care.
• RN required, BN preferred. Eligible for registration with NANB.
• Three or more years of related experience is preferred. Experience in a setting such as an emergency department, student health centre or equivalent where a broad base of nursing knowledge and experience was attained would be an asset.
• Demonstrated interest in the areas of health that relate to the student population.
• Current CPR and Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY