Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Senior Development Officer
Development & Donor Relations UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#137-12.13||Closing Date:||April 15, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$54,426 - $70,753 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||4 Year Term||Funding:||University Budget|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
Reporting to the Associate Director, Campaign Fundraising, the Senior Development Officer is responsible for the design, development and management of a comprehensive program of focused solicitation strategies to persuasively present the University’s fundraising priorities with a goal of securing $1,000,000 annually in philanthropic gifts. The Senior Development Officer is a member of the institutional advancement team, which includes colleagues in Alumni Relations, Development & Donor Relations, Communications & Marketing on the Fredericton and Saint John campuses.
• Work closely with advancement colleagues, deans, senior administrators and volunteers to develop and implement strategies to secure financial support for approved fundraising initiatives including identification, cultivation and primarily, solicitation of donors and prospects.
• Manage a caseload of 150-200 donors and prospects ensuring that solicitations and/or meaningful stewardship contacts are undertaken with all donors and prospects on an annual basis.
• Undertake 200-250 personal visits with donors and prospects annually.
• Achieve 400 donor and prospect moves annually.
• Make 50 solicitations annually.
• Raise $1,000,000 annually in philanthropic support.
• Identify 50 new prospects annually.
• Develop a sound knowledge of UNB, its faculties, programs, centres and history.
• An undergraduate degree with a preference for five years fundraising experience with a proven record of outstanding achievement or a significant background in a related professional field which many include client/business development, sales or marketing.
• Ability to work independently with initiative.
• Ability to travel both within and outside New Brunswick and Canada.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, strong interpersonal skills and will developed organizational abilities.
• A high level of accountability and sound, mature judgement.
• The ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
• Team player with the ability to adapt in an ever-changing environment.
• Experience working with and motivating volunteers.
• Willingness to work some non-traditional hours.
• Knowledge of UNB and its advancement mandate is a definite asset.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY