Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Finance Support & Communications Assistant
Information Technology Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#138-12.13||Closing Date:||April 12, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$34,125 - $42,658 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Financial Support and Communications Assistant contributes to ITS daily operations and enterprise-wide communications from ITS by providing financial, administrative, and communication services for on-going operations and small to medium projects.
• Support timely and accurate financial support by reconciling accounts, analysing issues, producing reports, completing forms and responding to questions.
• Support the efficient day-to-day operation of the department by working with staff to address operations requirements and by liaising with the appropriate UNB departments to address environmental and operational issues.
• Develop content for IT communication channels by generating ideas, research topics, and writing copy.
• Support quality communication by reviewing content to ensure that it is appropriate to the channel and audience, contains current, accurate, complete and appropriate information and is written in an engaging and effective manner.
• Meet the communication needs of small and medium ITS projects by planning and implementing plans using templates, guidelines and process developed by the Communications Manager.
• Contribute to successful personal and team performance by being helpful and courteous, displaying a positive attitude and taking initiative, providing and seeking ideas, participating in departmental and university activities and positively representing ITS.
• Complete independent projects successfully and on time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a Marketing or Finance focus and 2 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, writing and editing skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Demonstrated use of innovation and creativity in the development and implementation of communication plans.
Flexibility in working hours including participation in occasional overtime and after hours project delivery.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY