Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Early Childhood Educator for Young Children (2 Positions available)
Faculty of Education: Early Childhood Centre UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#133-12.13||Closing Date:||April 10, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$16.43 - $20.54 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||August 26, 2013||Hours per Week:||Part-Time (25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Term from August to June||Funding:||External Funding|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
This is a teaching position for an early childhood educator of four-year old children in a university setting. This position reports to the Director of the Early Childhood Centre.
• Assist Head Teacher with purposeful planning of learning and caring environments, indoors and out, using the NB Curriculum Framework for Early Learning and Child Care.
• Coordinate with the head teacher to plan meaningful curriculum with/for four year old children placements to pre-service teachers.
• Collaborate on shared responsibilities in the classroom space.
• Keep accurate and consistent daily records on: children’s learning and day care regulations.
• An Early Childhood Certificate or Community College Diploma.
• We have an outdoor focus in the morning classroom, so a passion and participation in the outdoors is required.
• Training in New Brunswick Curriculum Framework for Early Learning and Child Care would be an asset.
• Experience is an asset, but newly qualified early childhood educators will be given serious consideration.
• We often create curriculum from popular culture and will be introducing new digital devices, a curiousity about curriculum development in these areas would be an asset
• Must submit evidence of completion of Standard CPR, Child CPR, prior contact, a criminal check and a staff medical form.
• The successful candidate will need to read, sign and comply with: Child Victims of Abuse and Protocol of the Province of New Brunswick; Evacuation Procedures, Daycare Operators Standards and the Parent and Policy Handbooks.
**The UNB Children’s Centre participates in the NB Quality Improvement Funding Support (QIFS). The QIFS supplement is in addition to this hourly rate and is subject to government approval. (Additional $4.50 per hour)
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY