Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Administrative Assistant (Moncton Campus)
Faculty of Nursing UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#134-12.13||Closing Date:||April 8, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$15.85 - $18.95 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
Reporting to the BN Program Director of the Moncton campus, the Administrative Assistant provides support services to students and faculty and facilitates the day-to-day functioning of the office. Please note this position is located the UNB Moncton campus located at 100 Arden Street.
• Maintain student files including immunization records, clinical experiences and academic records.
• Organize requirements for online registration process and assist students in the registration process.
• Send welcome letters to incoming students including class schedules and orientation information.
• Plan meetings and events.
• Audit student files to assist academic advisors in counselling students.
• Receive and distribute student loans and bursaries to students.
• Provide administrative support for faculty members including typing, filing and copying.
• Administer student opinion surveys at the end of each course.
• Maintain petty cash fund and related office financial transactions.
• Organize class and exam schedules and associated room bookings.
• Liaise with personnel from various UNB departments and other Faculty of Nursing campuses as well as external organizations and companies.
• Administer office functions including supply ordering, key distribution and receptionist duties.
• Post-secondary education in business, secretarial, office administration. A university degree would be an asset.
• A minimum of three years’ experience at a significant level of responsibility in an office environment.
• Must possess excellent organizational/administrative skills and a high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for dealing with students, faculty, staff and the public.
• Ability to work effectively, efficiently and confidentially in a complex, high pressured and sensitive environment.
• Ability to initiate and organize work independently, identity and achieve priority objectives and fulfil assigned tasks without supervision.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of videoconferencing and Web based surveys an asset.
• Knowledge of University educational systems would be an asset.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY