Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Conference & Accommodations Coordinator
Residential Life, Campus & Conference Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#007-13.14||Closing Date:||May 30, 2013 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$34,529 - $43,159 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||5 Year Term||Funding:||University Budget|
The Conference & Accommodations Coordinator is an integral member of the UNB Conference Services team and is accountable for the logistical coordination of revenue-generating conferences, camps and overnight accommodations for the University. With an entrepreneurial focus on client service, the incumbent ensures best in class service delivery to all clients in alignment with the University’s vision.
The role of Conference & Accommodations Coordinator frequently involves after-hours activity as clients often meet in the evening and on weekends. It is expected that the incumbent will anticipate these requirements and ensure that any after-hours requirements are met, whether personally or through advanced planning or staff scheduling.
• Promote and provide high quality service to current and prospective clients at all times.
• Serve as Conference Services’ expert on front-desk operations related to guest reservations, check-in, check-out, and general inquiries which requires knowledge of Kx software, cash handling procedures, client service standards, and all resident and campus spaces.
• Ensure regular, open communication with service providers, partners, and Conference Services team in order to deliver seamless, one-stop-shop service to clients
• Troubleshoot issues related to day-to-day operations & offer practical solutions in day-to-day challenges.
• On-call responsibility after hours and on weekends during summer months in order to respond to the 24-hour nature of the accommodations business.
• Responsible for the administrative support for Accommodations business unit and event management software.
• Responsible for the hiring process and supervision of student staff in the Accommodations business unit.
• Assist Central Booking Assistant with replying to client inquires during peak times.
• Assist with Conference Management Services and on-site event services during peak times.
• Undergraduate degree in business administration, public relations or a diploma in hospitality & tourism or related field.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in client service and/or the hospitality industry.
• Experience working at UNB and knowledge of our residence community is an asset.
• Strong communication skills, excellent written communication skills.
• Client service orientation, the ability to meet clients in a friendly, helpful and professional manner.
• Teamwork and relationship-building skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Skill in effectively coaching and training staff.
• Ability to interact with a diverse group of clients in the presence of a large group.
• Ability to cultivate positive relationship with clients, potential clients and industry contacts.
• Exhibit consistent professional attitude and appearance. Ability to perform effectively amidst continuous change and ambiguity.
• Time and stress management skills, the ability to prioritize work, manage multiple demands, meet tight deadlines, remain calm during crises, respond constructively and support others in challenging situations.
• Ability to learn and work with a wide variety of software packages, such as Astra Schedule, Kx, Datatel, Microsoft Office, etc.
• Supervisory skills, including the ability to delegate appropriately and motivate, mentor and manage the performance of staff.
• Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY