Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Community Program Assistant (Moncton Location) - REPOSTED
College of Extended Learning (CEL) UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#011-13.14||Closing Date:||June 10, 2013 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$18.95 - $22.58 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Up to 6 month term, with the possibility of extension||Funding:||University Budget|
This position serves as UNB’s primary link in the Moncton community to develop and support continuing education initiatives. The Community Program Officer (CPO) – Moncton will build on and expand the current UNB presence in Moncton by providing information about CEL initiatives and Faculty of Nursing programs, determining the learning needs of the community and by facilitating a response to those needs. **Please note that this position is located in Moncton, NB.**
*Note: The position was previously advertised and closed May 29, 2013. Previous applicants need not re-apply. All applications will be re-submitted in the competition.
• Serves as a key representative for UNB’s College of Extended Learning and the Faculty of Nursing in the Moncton area; first point of contact for UNB’s activities in Moncton.
• Actively promote existing CEL and Nursing courses, programs, services and initiatives; interact with media, attend trade shows and career fairs, conduct information sessions, etc. Provide assistance and support to potential and current students.
• Research and actively seek out new course and program opportunities, based on specific and general community needs.
• Coordinate logistical setup courses and programs; source classroom space, ensure appropriate equipment setup.
• Coordinate teleconference and video conferencing set up. Provide on-going support to instructors and students.
• Assist with promotion and student recruitment. Assist with the recruitment of local instructions.
• Assist in program evaluation and improvement by providing relevant anecdotal input about administrative processes, and preparing student and program-related statistical and financial summaries.
• Assist with the design and administration of the Unit’s overall and program-specific marketing campaigns; assist with the distribution of marketing materials and promotional mail outs.
• Act as an exam invigilator during regular work hours.
• Work closely with the UNB Moncton Nursing Program to ensure that a high level of support and access to university services is provided.
• Work closely with CEL staff in Fredericton to ensure coordination and efficient use of resources, and to ensure that CEL students in Moncton have access to appropriate learner support services.
• Undergraduate degree. Five years of related work experience; significant adult or continuing education experience. Experience in the effective marketing of university courses and programs, credit and non-credit professional development offerings.
• Candidate must be fluently bilingual; excellent written and verbal skills in both English and French.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Performs effectively in client service situations. Strong computer skills.
• Under general supervision, exercises judgement, exhibits initiative and demonstrates planning abilities to identify and solve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal supervision; ability to work collaboratively when needed.
• Highly organized and self-motivated. Data management and financial management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse and entrepreneurial environment.
• Genuine interest in working in an educational and entrepreneurial environment.
• Administrative experience in the development and delivery of contract training; experience with proposal writing and sales.
• Strong sense of community interest; established contacts within the business and professional sectors.
• Experience in the use of distance education and related technologies are an asset.
• Familiarity with UNB policies and procedures is an asset. Ability to provide flexible hours. Some travel is required.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY