Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Department of Chemical Engineering UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#009-13.14||Closing Date:||May 31, 2013 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$30,006 - $37,507 Per Annum (based on 36.25 HPW)|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Part-Time (20 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Term until September 30, 2015||Funding:||External Funding|
This position is responsible to the Chair holder of the Richard J. Currie Chair in Nanotechnology, for the general operational duties of the office. Duties would include reception, tracking student schedules, taking minutes, accounting, and ordering supplies and equipment.
• Be the first point of contact for callers and visitors to the Richard J. Currie Chair in Nanotechnology, answer and direct telephone calls, deliveries, and route media and other requests.
• Organize meetings and take notes.
• Review correspondence; prepare and compose memos, general correspondence, thank-you letters, etc.
• Provide research account status reports and work closely with the Office of Research Services for invoicing, payments, payroll, overtime charges and other financial matters.
• Process the payment of invoices and oversee the Facility’s accounts.
• Provide general office management by processing cheque requisitions, maintenance contracts, courier packages, purchase orders, travel claims, travel advances, expense claims, account transfers, and maintaining a petty cash account.
• Assist with the preparation of reporting as required by the University, Government, and other granting councils and others as necessary.
• Maintain an inventory and oversee the purchase of general office supplies.
• Develop a system to track and report schedules of students.
• Establish and maintain office files while maintaining confidentiality.
• A recognized Business College diploma or equivalent.
• 3 years experience in a related position.
• Must possess excellent organizational/administrative skills and a high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent computer, communication, oral and writing skills.
• Familiarity of campus would be considered an asset.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY