Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Plant Genetic Research Technician
Department of Biology UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#010-13.14||Closing Date:||May 23, 2013 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$39,059 - $48,822 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Term until November 28, 2014||Funding:||External Funding|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
This position is accountable to the Supervisor and UNB project leader, in the Department of Biology for carrying out technical duties for a specific research project funded through the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) entitled “Improving Potato Production for Increased Food Security of Indigenous Communities in Colombia”.
• Provide DNA analysis for genotyping.
• Construct genetic maps using genotyping and phenotyping data.
• Provide bioinformatics analysis on DNA sequences.
• Provide reports on data analysis.
• Bachelor of Science in Biology or Genetics.
• Minimum of 2 years molecular biology laboratory experience including nucleic acid extraction, PCR and RT-PCR.
• Must have experience with DNA sequence analysis, high-resolution melting DNA genotyping and genetic mapping.
• Must have knowledge of Join Map and MapQTL or similar genetic mapping software.
• Experience with potato cultivation is desirable.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY