Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Human Resources Assistant (Reception)
Human Resources & Organizational Development UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#006-13.14||Closing Date:||May 17, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$15.00 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||May 27, 2013||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||3 Month Term: with the possibility of extension||Funding:||University Budget|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
Reporting to the HR Consultant (Employment), this position is responsible for providing general reception to all users and callers to Human Resources & Organizational Development (HR&OD), as well as performing administrative tasks for the general office.
• Provide initial contact for all users of HR&OD including customer service for faculty, staff, students, senior administration, representatives from various internal and external agencies, association and institutions, and the public in general.
• Receive all incoming calls; direct them to appropriate individual where required and respond to basic information inquiries.
• Pick up, open and sort all incoming mail and distribute to appropriate individuals, prepare outgoing mail for delivery and pickup and prepare courier shipments in a timely manner.
• Operate departmental voice mail and multi-line telephone system.
• Maintain quality customer service standards on an on-going basis.
• Maintain current competition files to accept applications for positions, record applications using data entry, and provide information relative to the available position and current status of competitions.
• Open and close the office daily.
• Assist in employment administration by distributing employment opportunities notices, prepare letters, and various other correspondence.
• Assist new staff, including faculty, support staff and students, in completing TD-1 Tax Exemption Return and bank forms for enrolment on payroll and other general forms as required.
• Maintain a general understanding and awareness of all current office projects and provide assistance as required.
• Provide typing, copying, preparation of mail outs and filing assistance to the general office as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school graduation supplemented by a diploma in Office Administration (or equivalent). Consideration will be given to recent graduates from a recognized Human Resources program at the College or University level.
• Previous experience in dealing with the public is essential. Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
• Must be able to demonstrate considerable tact, diplomacy and sensitivity to effectively deal with a wide range of individuals and issues.
• Excellent telephone manner and superior interpersonal skills; good typing/word processing skills, and previous experience in a computerized work environment.
• Must possess knowledge of current Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook. A working knowledge of Datatel would be an asset.
• Must be well-organized and able to maintain a high work standard while dealing with numerous interruptions; able to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all member of the HR&OD team.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY