Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Secretary PL3 (Scholarships & Awards Assistant)
School of Graduate Studies UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#058-14.15||Closing Date:||July 22, 2014 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||No Group||Salary or Rate:||$16.49 - $19.71 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||August 18, 2014||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Term until September 4, 2015, Leave Replacement||Funding:||External Funding|
This position supports the Dean of Graduate Studies, the Associate Deans of the School of Graduate Studies (Fredericton & Saint John) as well as the Assistant Deans of SGS (Fredericton). The position reports to the Administrative Coordinator of the School of Graduate Studies but will also work closely with the decanal group in the School of Graduate Studies.
· Administer all scholarship and award nominations, applications, and inquiries.
· Provide scholarship and research information to graduate students, faculty and graduate secretaries.
· In consultation with the Deans, assemble adjudication committees from the two campuses at UNB.
· Provide detailed and accurate data entry material to the Undergraduate Awards Office and ITS.
· Maintain records and files for new applicants, as well as current students, receiving awards/scholarships.
· Prepare GAU, NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR, and various other graduate student payment forms for submission to Financial Services.
· Liaise and prepare quarterly reports for federally-funded scholarships.
· Administer graduate student travel grant applications in the School of Graduate Studies and administer the follow-up.
· Assist in up-dating and maintaining the scholarships & awards section on the School of Graduate Studies website.
· Prepare and facilitate scholarship information sessions and workshops for graduate students, faculty and graduate secretaries.
· Research, collate and prepare presentation background material essential for internal and external reviews.
· Assist with the general office duties including reception, telephone, mail, photocopying, faxing, etc. in particular during periods (such as vacation period) when other support staff may be absent.
· Other duties as assigned.
• University degree OR high school graduation, one year related diploma, and at least two years of related experience.
• Relevant experience in a university setting and a working knowledge of a Graduate Studies environment is an asset.
• Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision, in a shared office space, while at the same time functioning as part of a collaborative, team environment.
• Attentive to detail, accuracy and organization and ability to meet internal and external deadlines.
• Familiarity with computer technology and software such as Microsoft Word, Spreadsheets and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including grammatical proficiency in writing.
• Comfortable working with national and international graduate students.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY