Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Campus Tour Guide & Event Planner
U First: Student Recruitment UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#041-14.15||Closing Date:||June 27, 2014 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||No Group||Salary or Rate:||$32,588 - $40,735 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Term until August 14, 2015, Leave Replacement||Funding:||University Budget|
Reporting to the Recruitment Manager, the person in this position is responsible for planning and implementing the campus tour program, helping to plan on-campus recruitment special events such as guidance counsellor tours, as well as assisting the U First team in providing on going, timely and personalized communication to undergraduate prospective students, applicants, parents and other key stakeholders including high school guidance counsellors throughout the inquiry to application process.
The person in this position will have a close working relationship with other member of the recruitment team, faculties and departments on the Fredericton and Saint John campuses.
• Develop and implement annual plan for an innovative and professional campus tour program for UNB Fredericton.
• Research tour programs at other institutions & assist in monitoring tour program budget.
• Organize and conduct tours of the Fredericton campus with undergraduate prospective students on a daily basis, occasionally seven days/week.
• Develop tour guide script & handbooks/hand-outs.
• Conduct and manage follow-up tour evaluations. Recruit student ambassadors, to assist the tour program.
• Liaise with residence staff, faculties and departments involved with the campus tour program.
• Maintain Campus Tour Board and other U First bulletin boards, and supplies of collateral material.
• Manage all reporting in association with the campus tour program, including bi-weekly, monthly and annual tour program reports.
• Assist in the organization & implementation of on-campus recruitment special events.
• Follow prospective students through inquiry to enrolment, responding to their needs and communicating with them as required.
• Assist with inquiries using a variety of media such as e-mail, telephone, fax, mail, in-person, packing and mailing of information kits.
• Data entry of prospective student information.
• Assist in the development and implementation of innovative recruitment initiatives and events both on and off campus.
• Assist client service staff as needed: including data entry, kit packing, tracking of shipping and postage costs, toll-free line coverage.
• Evening and weekend work may be required.
• Perform general office, administrative and other duties as required, i.e. mail pick up, office kitchen supplies, etc.
• A recent UNB degree with knowledge of UNB.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, organizational and people and telephone skills.
• Experience in client service with a proven “can do” client service attitude.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and provide quick reaction to requests. Proactive approach to job responsibilities.
• Experience in the planning, coordination and conducting of tours would be an asset.
• Ability to work well with high school and university students.
• Computer skills including Windows, word-processing and spreadsheet programs, e-mail programs and Internet.
• Evening and weekend work will be required.
• Valid driver’s license.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY