Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Facilities Management UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#038-14.15||Closing Date:||June 25, 2014 4:00Pm|
|Employment Group:||G.L.T.A||Salary or Rate:||$17.98 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (40 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
Manual work in the performance of semi-skilled tasks of a physically demanding nature. The duties include a degree of skill in moving and transporting materials and equipment, lawn maintenance, and snow removal.
• Shovel snow from steps, walkways, fire hydrants, and building roofs. Sand and salt steps and walkways, as well as other areas, as directed. Assist crews on snow blower equipment, front-end loaders, and trucks equipped with snow removal attachments.
• Cut and trim grass, shrubs and hedges by hand or with power equipment. Rake and load leaves, trimmings and other refuse; assist in repairing and building of lawns and landscaping, and building of retaining walls.
• Responsible for general cleanliness and clean-up duties around the campus such as picking up paper, sweeping sidewalks, streets, and parking lots, and clearing refuse.
• Assist with the general repair of streets, walkways and parking lots which includes application of asphalt; assists with relamping of street lights, walk lights, gym floors, and dining rooms; inspect and clear roof drains, tunnels and fire hydrants.
• Load and unload trucks, including garbage trucks; carries heavy cartons or equipment from transportation facilities to storage or building site; set up material and furniture for special activities.
• Maintain sports fields as directed.
• Use various types of hand tools as required; sign out and return tools and equipment from departmental stores.
• Perform related duties as required.
• Grade 12. Some experience as a general labourer.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Physical condition and strength sufficient to do physical and manual work for long periods of time under varying weather conditions.
• Some knowledge of general maintenance on labour tools and equipment.
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety practices necessary to the proper performance of strenuous lifting and labour work, and of any safety precautions which should be taken when working with various automotive and mechanical equipment.
• Experience operating snow removal equipment would be considered an asset for this position.
• The ability to be contacted by telephone outside of normal working hours to deal with campus emergencies.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY