Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Administrator, Centre for Musical Arts
College of Extended Learning UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#084-14.15||Closing Date:||August 20, 2014 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||P.T.S.U.||Salary or Rate:||$35,503 - $44,380|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible ||Hours per Week:||Full-time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Term until March 18, 2016||Funding:||University Budget|
Reporting to the Director, Centre for Musical Arts, the CMA Administrator oversees the financial and administrative functions of the day-to-day operations of the Centre for Musical Arts and its varied programs.
• Put in place, oversee and maintain administrative processes and procedures that follow CEL/UNB guidelines and that ensure the effective and efficient operation.
• Administrative management of all CMA offerings (credit and non-credit).
• Register students/clients, maintain class lists using the UNB administrative system, Datatel.
• Prepare financial reports as required by CMA Director and CEL Director, Finance & Operations.
• Prepare and process all financial paperwork including invoices, deposit slips, etc. Manage payable and receivable accounting activity.
• Take the lead in budget preparation. Manage financial paperwork for payment of instructors and contract employees.
• Manage all CMA data and prepare regular reports on activities.
• Assist with the preparation of proposals and reports to various funding agencies.
• Organize seminars, workshops and arrange meetings.
• Assist faculty, staff and guest speakers with travel plans and arrangements.
• Monitor cash float, maintain petty cash fund.
• Maintain staff records and ensure that CMA staff records are updated as needed (e.g. for payment purposes).
• Work with CEL Marketing & Promotions Manager to market concerts and other events and programs.
• Act as first point of contact for students, instructors and community members.
• Maintain filing systems, order office supplies, photocopy and fax documents.
• Assist in concert preparation and production.
• File and catalogue music, instruments and other assets of the department.
• Serve on appropriate CEL committees.
• Post-secondary education in an administrative and/or finance field. Undergraduate degree preferred or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Interest in working in an education & entrepreneurial environment.
• Minimum five years’ related experience. Experience in dealing with the public.
• Computer skills (e.g. word processing, database management) preferably in Macintosh environment.
• Demonstrated initiative, decision-making and problem solving skills. Ability to work independently
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks concurrently.
• Familiarity with the University (policies and procedures) and Datatel are recognized assets.
• Marketing experience is an asset.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY