Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Information Technology Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#068-14.15||Closing Date:||August 18, 2014 4:00PM|
|Employment Group:||S.A.L.A.C.||Salary or Rate:||$18.46 - $21.60|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full- Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Funding:||University Budget|
Reporting to the Director of Financial Operations, the Clerk PL4 provides ITS internal, UCard and Print Services financial and administrative services. The position works closely with Financial Services, Research Planning and Budget Office, the Office of Research Services, and ITS ancillary services.
· Prepare and process routine financial documents and perform administrative activities accurately, in a timely way and according to standard procedures.
· Assist the Director of Financial Operations in the timely and accurate preparation of budgets, reports and procedural documentation.
· Perform detailed and regular reconciliation of operational, P-Card, copier fleet, telephone, one-time funding and other accounts.
· Encourage self-service and respond knowledgeably to financial and operational information requests from ITS staff, UNB employees and external entities.
· Contribute to successful personal and team performance by being helpful and courteous; display a positive attitude and take initiative; provide and seek ideas; participate in departmental and university activities and positively representing ITS.
· Participate in project teams as an effective team member and complete independent projects successfully and on time.
• 1-2 year post-secondary diploma in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting and 5 years related experience.
• Sound knowledge of fundamental accounting principles.
• Detailed oriented, organized, and methodical with the ability to manage large amounts of diverse financial information.
• Excellent data entry and MS Excel skills.
• Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate mature judgement on when to escalate issues.
• Must be willing to work occasional overtime, after hour’s on-call and emergency response or have hours adjusted.
• Familiarity with UNB financial system an asset.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY