Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Media Production Assistant
Centre for Enhanced Teaching & Learning UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#117-12.13||Closing Date:||February 1, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$34,931 - $43,669 per annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
Reporting to the Director, the incumbent is responsible for planning, coordination and scheduling of all major production project requests including comprehensive video, multimedia and photographic production services within the unit.
• Facilitate the project definition, scope, goals and deliverables all comprehensive media services projects. (video, multimedia, audio and photography).
• Relate in a professional manner to all clients and accurately assessing the clients’ needs.
• Complete media production requests and complete production work orders for billing purposes.
• Monitor project expenditures and the management of workflow for imaging production activities.
• Provide statistics and summaries on multimedia related activities and services to Director, Media Services.
• Assist with image database and stock image management including: providing stock images/videos in the required format for specific applications; filing and tracking images and returned material; metatagging and archiving; acquiring copies of the final published work; billing clients; data entry. It also includes determining stock photography /video requirements for the university and identifying the needs of internal and external clients specifically in the areas of multimedia development.
• Maintain a professional portfolio of multimedia productions and stock images representing UNB for promotion on a national and international market.
• Assist with digital videography in-studio and on-location, including the set up and use of lighting equipment, set lighting, and multiple cameras and audio inputs.
• Assist in providing professional digital audio and photographic services and in preparing digital images for multimedia projects using image processing software including Photoshop, Lightroom and new programs as they become available.
• Graduation from a community college of applied arts and technology or a university degree in visual arts or design, with at least 2 years’ experience in the field of digital video and new media design; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally with both artistic and technical personnel as well as with University faculty, staff, students, and external clients.
• Must be a mature and conscientious worker capable of exercising independent judgment.
• Demonstrated organizational and project management skills including accurate record keeping, effective time management, and thorough project documentation.
• Client service orientation, including the ability to consistently meet internal and external clients in a friendly, helpful and professional manner and respond appropriately to their inquiries, requests and concerns.
• Teamwork and relationship-building skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, subordinates, a diverse group of senior level administration, representatives (staff, faculty and students) from all facilities and A portfolio of digital media projects.
• Proficiency with Macintosh and Windows computers and related hardware.
• Technical knowledge and demonstrated expertise in multimedia relevant technologies. HDSLR video experience considered an asset.
• Expertise in microcomputer based development systems and production environments such as digital audio and video production, database production, image processing, graphic design, word processing, page layout and web authoring.
• Creative leadership skill and intuition required to originate top quality instructional products.
• Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple demands, meet tight deadlines, remain calm during challenging situations.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY