Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Student Development Assistant
Student Affairs & Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#113-12.13||Closing Date:||January 21, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$35,501 - $44,377 per annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Term until September 13, 2013||Funding:||External Funding|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
This position is responsible to the Student Development Coordinator for developing and coordinating orientation and transition-related programming and a variety of peer-based initiatives that will enhance the student experience. These programs are designed to assist with students’ transition into university, support leadership development, and facilitate student success and retention at UNBF.
• Supervise the responsibilities of the Sexuality Centre and related program Coordinators.
• Supervise the work of student employees engaged in wellness and success programming.
• Work with various stakeholders to develop, plan, implement and evaluate developmental programming, such as alcohol education and awareness for students.
• Coordinator the administration of the UNB Inventory of Tutors.
• Act as editor of the Student eNews.
• Produce and disseminate an e-newsletter for parents and supporters.
• Work closely with the Strategic Enrolment Management – Orientation Action Committee, the faculties, the Student Union and its Orientation Executive, and other service units on campus to coordinate and implement the Summer Orientation Advising and Registration (SOAR) and Opening Ceremony activities of UNB Fredericton.
• Produce materials, develop and maintain websites, and disseminate information that promotes programs, services and resources available to students.
• Provide support to the Student Success Workshop Series.
• May sit as a member of relevant university committees.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Student Development Coordinator, as required.
• University degree (any discipline) with one to three years related experience.
• Experience with event planning.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with website management and social media administration would be an asset.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY