Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Security & Traffic UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#111-12.13||Closing Date:||January 22, 2013 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||S.A.L.A.C.||Salary or Rate:||$17.97 - $21.02 per hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||March 18, 2013||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
A completed UNB Application Form is required (including resume):
This sole clerk position is directly accountable to the Director of Security & Traffic for the efficient and effective administration of the Security & Traffic Departmental office. The incumbent is also often times left alone in the office during the day which means performing various operational functions as well.
• Perform financial accounting and budgetary duties including assistance with budget preparation, purchases, monitoring expenses, accounting for departmental revenues and chargebacks, administering the petty cash and related accounting duties.
• Administer all facets of the computerized parking program; sell permits, data entry of vehicle parking registration and ticket information, billing of tickets, fine collection, customer complaints, etc.
• Administer the departmental computerized Security Management Program, Perspective, of input and analysis of all reported occurrences.
• Maintain record of departmental sick leave, vacation time, staff changes, etc., and prepare payroll forms and audit personnel time sheets for accuracy.
• Pleasantly and courteously receive individuals at the Security Office, assess their needs, and provide information and direction.
• Responsible for Security dispatch and communication, monitor and respond to the campus computerized annunciator alarm panel and record entry and exit times of personnel entering the university tunnel system.
• Answer emergency calls dealing with fire, people in distress stuck in elevators, along with a number of other urgent matters.
• Prepare confidential correspondence relative to criminal investigations or other confidential matters involving students, faculty, staff, etc. All other department correspondence is prepared for forwarding and mailing by the incumbent.
• Monitor key sign out and sign in, issue temporary parking permits, correlate room reservations, answer telephone calls as part of the 24 hours, 365 day emergency services first response aspect of security services provided.
• Operate a computer to access pertinent information from the main UNB data frame for information such as: student information; account data; occurrence information; etc. and, effectively operate specific software programs utilized by the department.
• Post-secondary diploma from a Community College, Business College or University.
• Minimum 5 years related experience in a similar position with a broad range of responsibilities.
• Excellent proficiency in the English language is essential while the ability to comprehend French would be an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of computers, data input and output capabilities, along with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
• Ability to handle urgent calls for service for people in distress, fire alarms, and elevator malfunctions, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to tactfully and effectively deal with a variety of individuals including those whose demeanor are sometimes irate in nature.
• Ability to work unsupervised, exercise self-initiative, discretion and independent judgement.
• Ability to multi-task in an environment where constant interruption to regular tasks is the norm.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY