Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Stewardship Writer & Researcher
Development & Donor Relations UNB Fredericton
||January 16, 2013 4:30PM
||Salary or Rate:
||$44,267 - $57,546 per annum
||As soon as possible
||Hours per Week:
||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)
||Term until August 30, 2015
Reporting to the Research & Stewardship Manager, the Stewardship Writer & Researcher will possess the ability to prepare persuasive, compelling and creative written materials including, but not limited to, fundraising proposals, correspondence and donor stewardship and research reports. An exceptional communicator, the Stewardship Writer & Researcher will play a critical role in the success of UNB’s fundraising efforts.
• Write persuasive and compelling fundraising proposals for individuals, corporations and foundations, including a period of research and information gathering, along with preparation of the proposals in a visually attractive format.
• Prepare letters of intent, covering letters and related documents supporting the proposal submission process.
• Prepare detailed stewardship reports for major donors including a complete update on the UNB initiative supported and the impact of the contribution.
• Interact on an ongoing basis with UNB senior administrators, faculty members, alumni and donors to gather background information for all projects.
• Prepare background information, comprehensive donor profiles, written and oral reports, lists and statistics, all of which involve substantial research.
• Other writing tasks as requested by the Research & Stewardship Manager which may include, but are not limited to, trust fund reports, acknowledgement and thank-you letters, letters of support for various nominations, and fundraising-related news releases.
• Other tasks are requested by the Research & Stewardship Manager.
• An undergraduate degree (a graduate degree would be an asset) supplemented by three-to-five years’ experience in communications, fundraising, alumni affairs, or in the post-secondary education or not-for-profit sectors.
• Demonstrated success in persuasive and compelling writing with attention to detail and accuracy as priorities.
• Above-average interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Exceptional research skills, with attention to accuracy a priority, along with a demonstrated knowledge of a broad range of research techniques.
• Team player with the ability to work independently with initiative in a demanding environment with constantly changing deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
• Ability to work non-traditional hours.
• Knowledge of fundraising, proposal writing and UNB would be a definite asset.
Applications: To be submitted on UNB Application Form (including resume) to:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY