Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Sports Information Officer
Department of Athletics, Recreation & Wellness UNB Saint John
|Competition #:||#107-12.13||Closing Date:||December 14, 2012 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||C.U.P.E||Salary or Rate:||$16.32 - $20.24 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Part-Time (24 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||1 Year Term||Funding:||University Budget|
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Sport Information Officer is engaged in planning, development and co-ordination of Athletics-specific communication for internal and external audiences in close coordination with Marketing & Communication. The position will work closely with internal stakeholders to enhance the profile and offerings of the Department of Athletics, Recreation and Wellness (ARW).
Note: Applications will be accepted from any qualified candidates including current employees who may wish to consider a temporary assignment.
• Seek to improve communications and enhance profile of Athletics to reach internal and external community including alumni, high schools, local business and media.
• Research and identify news and feature stories, and student profiles related to varsity, club, and campus recreation. Collect testimonials and career profiles of successful former Seawolves student-athletes and coaches.
• Develop and produce content for varsity, campus recreation & wellness initiatives using university-wide publications, website, news releases, social media, bulletin boards and related approaches, working with Communications & Marketing as required.
• Oversee Athletics website for content and updates.
• Assist with Athletics recruitment materials and initiatives for coaches and recruiters and help nurture a strong working partnership with Recruitment (domestic and international) to highlight Athletics at UNB Saint John.
• Work with Associated Alumni Program Manager and Associated Alumni Council to communicate student-athletes and program achievements with alumni and seek ways to keep them regularly connected to Athletics.
• Assist with coordination of special events related to Athletics.
Research & Operational Support:
• Coordinate and manage photography and videography for athletic games, promotions and features
• Assist with research in trends in campus recreation.
• Assist with development of survey (to be implemented as part of a wider student survey) geared toward the students and their campus recreation needs. Other duties as required.
• An undergraduate degree preferred (Kinesiology, Recreation & Sport Management or Social Science) or an equivalent combination of training or experience.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Working knowledge of web content management and webcasting preferred.
• Experience and/or understanding of university level sport an asset.
• Ability to research, organize and present information.
• Personal initiative and ability to prioritize and complete assignments independently and by deadline.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY