Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Library Administrative Officer
Harriet Irving Library UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#105-12.13||Closing Date:||December 14, 2012 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$40,356 - $52,466 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||Unversity Budget|
Reporting to the Director of Libraries, the Library Administrative Officer will provide general budget support for the Director and Associate Directors of Libraries, including responsibility for the Library’s shipping and receiving operations, coordination of alterations and renovations and maintenance of library facilities in consultation with UNB’s Facilities Management, and the direct management of the Library’s non-salary budget and general budget reconciliation. The incumbent is required to act independently and with a high level of responsibility consulting as necessary with the Director or the appropriate Associate Director. There are frequent deadlines and competing priorities that need to be managed.
• Assist the Director and Associate Directors in the preparation, managing, and reconciliation of the Library Budget.
• Responsible for all aspects of the Library Non-Salary account and all revenue accounts including the receipt and deposit of cash.
• Responsible for health and safety requirements, including written documentation, organization of staff training, and oversight of Library Safety Committee.
• Responsible for general security in coordination with UNB’s Department of Campus Security & Traffic.
• Manage capital expenditures in cooperation with the appropriate Associate Director.
• Coordinate renovations within the library system through Facilities Management by assisting in the planning of new construction and alterations, arranging estimates, and acting as the prime liaison once work is started.
• Maintain an effective accounting operation by reconciling library records to the general leger and maintaining control over library accounting procedures.
• Supervise the library mailroom and supplies activities.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with appropriate staff in UNB Departments of Budget and Finance including Purchasing and Accounts Payable, Facilities Management, Security & Traffic, and other units as necessary.
• Establish and maintain professional relationships with various library related vendors.
• Maintain excellent relations with all levels of staff in the libraries.
• A university degree with at least one year of a recognized accounting program leading to CA, CMA or CGA designation.
• Experience with an online institutional financial system.
• 2-5 years of relevant progressively responsible experience including leadership experience.
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Word and Excel.
• Demonstrated ability to act independently, and as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with health and safety requirements is a significant asset.
• Familiarity with building issues, including building codes and universal design is a significant asset.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY