Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Classroom/IT Support (Bathurst Campus)
Faculty of Nursing UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#106-12.13||Closing Date:||December 12, 2012 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$17,345 - $21,684 per annum (based on 18 HPW)|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Part-Time (18 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||2 Year Term||Funding:||External Funding|
This position is accountable for assisting faculty, staff, and students in the proper usage of A/V equipment, smart classrooms, and room systems. The successful incumbent will also work with the College of Extended Learning (CEL) to support teleconferenced/video conferenced courses, equipment setup, troubleshoot when necessary with both onsite and distance studies.
This position is located on the Bathurst campus.
• Take reservations and make equipment bookings for faculty, staff, and students.
• Respond to emergency equipment problems in classroom settings.
• Assist faculty, staff and students with classroom and audio-visual support issues via phone, email or in-person.
• Instruct faculty, staff and students in the proper use of audio visual equipment.
• Provide LMS (D2L) support to Faculty instructors including course website development.
• Maintain all equipment in a clean, functional state and liaisons with workshop technicians for any necessary repairs or services.
• Provide technical and logistic support regarding equipment purchases and conference setups. Test and inventory new UNB audio, visual, and multimedia equipment purchases. Install and troubleshoot software.
• Perform DVD/flash drive duplication, multi-system standards conversion, and multi-format copying.
• Provide network support. Operate and solve basic problems with equipment.
• Develop a lifecycle for computer equipment to keep equipment as up to date and useful as possible.
• Keep current with evolving technologies that apply to Media Services.
• Work with the CEL to support teleconference course, ensures classrooms are open, equipment is set up prior to the beginning of class, troubleshooting when necessary with both onsite and distance students.
• Responsible for invigilating and prepping for CEL tests/exams including photocopying, coordinating with instructors, gathering test/exams and sending them via courier to instructors.
• Administer senate Student Opinion Surveys (SOS) for CEL courses.
• Develop and maintain appropriate technical and on-line documentation.
• Maintain print cues and administer print credits for students.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Community College Diploma in related Field. A certification would be considered an asset. At least 3 years’ experience working with the troubleshooting audio-visual, multimedia, and information technology equipment.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service, analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated skills in communicating in both a support and instructional role with internal and external clients.
• Expert MS Office skills. Proficiency in Apple and Windows software/hardware.
• Able to work flexible hours including some evenings.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY