Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Faculty of Nursing UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#103-12.13||Closing Date:||December 11, 2012 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||$32,106 - $40,133 Per Annum|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||8 Month Term||Funding:||External Funding|
The Project Coordinator provides administrative support to the Aboriginal Nursing Initiatives (ANI) Director and assists in the coordination of project activities.
• Provide administrative support for recruitment of First Nations students in the Faculty of Nursing at Fredericton, Bathurst and Moncton. This may include scheduling, participating in and coordinating recruitment initiatives in collaboration with the ANI Director and recruitment initiatives on the BN Program and MMI, providing clerical support for production of recruitment materials and other administrative support activity as needed.
• Provide administrative support for retention of First Nation students in the Faculty of Nursing. This may include scheduling retention related initiatives for/with the ANI Director, providing logistical support for peer mentorship training review, researching topic areas, providing clerical support for invoices, announcements, posters, etc. related to retention activity and providing administrative support to the Director in her outreach, evaluation and dissemination activity, e.g. scheduling contact with stakeholders in First nations communities in New Brunswick.
• Provide support in the development of the integrated Co-operative learning option for Aboriginal nursing students, including the planning and organizing of meetings with faculty and community based contacts at all three campuses.
• Provide administrative support for the ANI Director in curriculum development activities and in professional activities addressing cultural competence in the Faculty of Nursing. This may include support in scheduling professional development sessions, announcements of these activities, assisting with travel arrangements, and other planning of same.
• Provide secretarial support to the Director in the preparation of formative and summative progress reports.
• Collaborate with administrative assistants who support the FON BN Program, MN Program, Curriculum Coordinator, Assistant Dean for Research and Faculty Development, Associate Dean for Academic Programs, and BN Program Directors at all campuses to avoid duplication of support services.
• An individual of Aboriginal (First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples) heritage and resident of New Brunswick.
• A baccalaureate degree in Nursing or a health related profession would be an asset. Candidates with other relevant preparation and experience will be considered.
• Previous secretarial experience in health or human resources related work with First Nations Communities (in particular Mi’kmaq or Maliseet) will be considered an asset.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with other support staff members in a University environment, the ability to communicate effectively in person, by phone, email, etc. with diverse constituents, and the ability to meet timelines.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Abilities to manage and use photocopy, fax, laptop/LCD projectors, or other equipment as required.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY