Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Administrative Assistant PL4
Faculty of Arts: Department of Psychology UNB Saint John
|Competition #:||#091-12.13||Closing Date:||December 7, 2012 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||C.U.P.E.||Salary or Rate:||$16.32 - $20.24 Per Hour|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||As soon as possible||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
This position is responsible for providing secretarial and general administrative support to the Chair, Director of Graduate Studies (Psychology), faculty, staff and students (graduate and undergraduate) in the Psychology Department.
• Monitor the various departmental operating and contingency budgets.
• General administrative duties which include, but are not limited to: the completion of travel expense claims, answer e-mail and/or telephone inquiries, complete financial forms for procurement or payables and disbursements, compose correspondence, prepare departmental meeting minutes, prepare annual non-space budget requests, prepare complex report(s), prepare and monitor course change forms, and filing.
• Order supplies, equipment, services, questionnaires, rats, chow, etc., as requested by faculty.
• Prepare regular reports including tables and graphs on budgets, undergraduate and graduate student enrollments, course offerings, and faculty activities.
• Arrange departmental schedule(s), meetings and their associated material(s) preparation and distribution, and arrange appointments.
• Maintain accurate and current departmental websites, waitlists, and update and maintain any department/faculty-access Networks.
• Handle confidential matters involving both students and faculty.
• Manage Graduate student applications and submit to the Graduate Academic Units for review.
• Ensure proper maintenance of records and files of all graduate and undergraduate students.
• Process payment forms for both undergraduate and graduate students.
• Maintain student advising files for discipline coordinators. Oversees arrangements for student scholarships.
• Manage plans and logistics for guest lecturers, visiting professors, conferences and other special events.
• Prepare and update recruitment and/or public information materials such as brochures, posters, flyers, etc.
• Assist faculty with teaching and research related issues, such as photocopying, scanning and typing, assist faculty in their preparation of research grant applications and research ethics applications, and assist with conference travel plans and/or vehicle rentals.
• Provide advice on a daily basis to students and the public regarding the department’s academic programs and assist with development/updating of advising information (which includes both online and other media forms).
• Serve as a first-line technical trouble-shooter (photocopiers and other business machines) and copy Key Operator (user set-ups, monthly business machine readings and charge back reports, etc.), and serve as the ITS liaison as necessary.
• Coordinates with other academic and administrative departments and University staff.
• Orders on-campus food services; arranges video-and-tele-conferencing; delivers and retrieves mail each day; orders keys; oversees shredding of tests/exams; maintains office supplies and various sign-out sheets.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chair or Dean of Arts.
• High School Diploma plus some post- secondary education (business education, community college, university).
• Minimum of three years of general office experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience with budgeting and bookkeeping an asset. Extensive Computer experience including: the Microsoft Office Suite and Cascades content management system. Datatel would be an asset.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills, a high level of attention to detail and a flexibility and willingness to assume tasks in an active, multidisciplinary role. Ability to work in an open-concept environment is a must.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY