Support Staff Employment Opportunity
Manager, Accounts Payable & Disbursement Services
Financial Services UNB Fredericton
|Competition #:||#098-12.13||Closing Date:||November 29, 2012 4:30PM|
|Employment Group:||A.P.T.||Salary or Rate:||Commensurate with qualifications & experience.|
|Employment Date:(tentative)||January 7, 2013||Hours per Week:||Full-Time (36.25 HPW)|
|Position Length:(tentative)||Continuing||Funding:||University Budget|
Reporting to the Director of Financial Services & Assistant Comptroller, this position is a member of the Financial Services management team responsible for the effective planning & management of the Accounts Payable & Disbursement Services unit.
The incumbent is responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounts Payable and Disbursement Services unit by:
• Manage a staff of 5 full-time employees, plus 1 part time student employee;
• Ensure the timely and accurate payment of all University acquisitions of goods and services (non-salary);
• Ensure the timely and accurate processing of internal departmental transfers, budget entries, month-end and year-end adjusting entries, and other journal entry adjustments;
• Ensure that appropriate systems and internal controls are in place with respect to these functions and, in so doing, ensure the consistent application of University policies and procedures, and government regulations including those governing GST/HST;
• Develop, implement, communicate and monitor policies and procedures applicable to the payable and disbursement process;
• Oversee the implementation of any computerized systems or processes and be the person responsible to utilize the data reporting system called Entrinsik Informer;
• Ensure proper recording of T4A “other income” and processing of T4A and T4A-NR information slips each year; and
• Monitor the Faculty Relocation account and authorize expenditures not exceeding $10,000 per faculty member.
• Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration or Commerce with strong supervisory, technical and problem solving skills OR several years’ experience in a mid to large diversified financial environment in a management supervisory position.
• Minimum 6 - 8 years of related experience working in a large computerized financial environment working with an ERP. Datatel Colleague software knowledge or experience working in an educational institution would be an asset. Must possess experience in the analysis of technical accounting issues and in determining appropriate “general accounting standard” solutions. Supervisory experience is required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational and problem solving skills and the ability to co-ordinate multiple priorities. Good technical background on understanding how to extract data form an ERP system. Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
• Comfortable and effective in an office environment with frequent interruptions and that demands sensitivity and confidentiality with a strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products with strong spread sheet skills.
For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Room 102
Physics & Admin. Building
UNB Saint John
Financial & Admin. Services
Room 114/115, Oland Hall
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted ONLY until the end of regular business hours on the closing date.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW BRUNSWICK IS COMMITTED TO THE PRINCIPLE OF EMPLOYMENT EQUITY